Monday, March 19, 2012

Weekend

Hey ya'll. Well we had a great weekend! We celebrated my older sister's birthday, celebrated St. Patty's day, and even spent time together! S and I rarely spend a lot of time together because of the way our schedules work out. Hopefully one day our schedules will align but for now we are doing what we can. My sister turned 27 on Friday so we celebrated at my mom's house and had friends and family over. Mom made Eggplant Parmigiana and Pasta Primavera with fresh loafed bread and salad, and for dessert she made a New York style cheesecake. It was an amazing meal. Family dinners make me apprciate my family and our roots so much more! We played Apples to Apples and Last Word and had a blast as a family all together. It makes you miss the ones who aren't there though. We lost my dad a year and a half ago and family dinners always make me miss him more.



After a fun filled night on Friday, we had another fun filled day on Saturday. I cleaned, mopped, and did laundry on Saturday while S played golf at the Country Club. When he got home we got ready and went out for St. Patty's day/my sisters 27th birthday! We went downtown Greenville, SC and went to one of my favorite bar/restaurants- The Carolina Ale House! They have an upstairs open air patio which is awesome and all around the bar they have huge TV's! They had every basketball game on so S was happy needless to say. We ate nachos, drank cold green beer, and had a blast!! S & I went home early while they partied the night away- we decided to be the "old people" of the night. We stopped at McDonald's and got fries and shamrock shakes- we were bad and ate bad food.

The Carolina Ale House Logo

S & I; My sister & I; BFF, Me, & S; Our drinks/coozies


St Patty's Day is about all things green- Jello Shots, Green Beer, and Shamrock Shake from Mcdonalds


All Of Our Jello Shots (all the TVs at the bar behind us); Lime jello shot; the Bestie and Me

S & I at dinner on the rooftop bar
Sunday we woke up and went to my future in-laws because they were grilling out before little league practice. Lunch was amazing!! Burgers, potato salad, baked beans, and oreo delight! Oreo Delight is this amazing dessert with oreo's, cool whip, cream cheese, and chocolate pudding! It is heavenly. While at S's house we found his N-64 from like 2000- needless to say we are over the moon about playing the old school Mario and Mario Kart!!


Nintendo N-64

Mario Kart 64

Super Mario 64

Waialae Golf game (clearly this is an S game)
I cooked dinner Sunday night. I made a recipe I found on Pinterest and it was amazing. Dinner was kind of a appetizer instead of a meal. We had chips and salsa and Taco Wonton's. The recipe is super easy and yummy.
Taco Wonton's:
1lb of sausage
2 cups of cheddar cheese
1 pkg of wonton wrappers
1/2 cup of ranch dressing
1 pkg taco seasoning

Brown sausage and add taco seasoning- cook like on the taco season package. Preheat oven to 350 and go ahead and place wonton wrappers in a cupcake pan in the oven while preheating for about 7-8 mins. After sausage is browned and taco seasoning is added-- mix sausage, cheese, and ranch in a bowl. When mixed add to wonton wrappers. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes until brown. Cool and enjoy!

Wonton filling; filled wontons before baking; wontons during baking
We had an amazing weekend with each other!!! I cannot wait until next weekend to spend more time together!!

xoxo,
N ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment