Monday, March 5, 2012

My first 3 tier cake

Hey ya'll! What a great and relaxing weekend we had! Last night we had dinner/family game night at my mom's house- what a blast let me just say! Well Mom made some of her amazing lasagna and I decided to make dessert. I look on Pinterest constantly for good dessert recipes, well I found this beautiful funfetti cake and decided that funfetti cake it was. When S and I moved into our house my Grandmother gave me some cake pans in different sizes so I decided to try out a tiered cake. For my first one it wasn't awful but I hope to improve! The baking instructions are pretty easy- I cheated and used a box mix instead of from scratch. Here are a few pictures of my creation.

Cake Batter- I added extra sprinkles


3 different layers in oven baking

Cakes cooling on cooling racks before icing

I made up my own icing- cool whip, chocolate pudding, and a little milk!


Final Product- It had cake crumbles and sprinkles on each layer


Sliced into


Yummy slice of cake!


Even Gus wanted some! But the silly chocolate doesn't know he can't eat chocolate!


And the different stages of cake!
 Next time I want to try and make a cake from scratch! I have a long way to go before I will be making any professional looking cakes! Basically I shouldn't quit my day job to make cakes. But it tasted good and I guess that is what counts!

xoxo,
N ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment