Sunday, February 17, 2013

Thrifting

 Hi y'all! 
Lately I have been obsessing over Pinterest- I go through spells where I feel like I have seen everything and of course I miss it so I go back and obsess over baby stuff(mainly decorating a nursery), home decor, and DIY crafts. It is funny to look over my Pinterest because I obsessed over all things wedding for like 8 months before my wedding and now I have moved onto bigger and better things. I am currently feeling super crafty- so I went "thrift storing" with a good friend the other day to find cheap items so I could make all of these crafts I found on Pinterest. I have to say that I did pretty good! I was able to get:

These 2 director's chairs! I have been wanting some of these for a while, but I have been unwilling to pay the $40-$50 a chair to buy them at Pier 1. These were only $6 a chair at goodwill! You can not beat $12 for 2 chairs!! I figured I could just get new covers for them at Pier 1.


I found the covers for the chairs yesterday at Pier 1 and the ones I liked were on sale for $14.98 a cover! You can not beat that!


Here is what the actual covers look like- I love them!

I also was able to find on my "thrift shopping", tiles- I have been wanting to make Tile Coasters which I keep seeing on Pinterest so I was able to find tiles and the guy at the Habitat House thrift store gave them to me for 10 cents each- you can not beat that. I bought 12 to make 3 sets of 4 coasters. As you can see I started making coasters from a wedding picture of ours. And they are super easy to make!


Another thing I keep seeing on Pinterest is ways to use shutters to decorate with. I loved one option I saw where you put shutters on either side of a window as wall decor and I also saw where you can use the shutters for hanging mail, pictures, or even Christmas cards. I was able to get these shutters for $2- for both of them. I plan on painting them and displaying them with the old window I have hanging in my guest bedroom.

I should stay busy for a little while with these crafts! The hubs always laughs when I come home with all of this "old junk" as he calls it! One man's junk is another man's or woman's treasure, especially if that woman has pinterest and the craft bug! :)

XOXO,





No comments:

Post a Comment