Thursday, February 7, 2013

Chili

Hey y'all!
It is a cold and rainy day here in the Upstate of South Carolina which means it is the perfect day for Chili (one of my favorite comfort foods might I add)! I am all about simplicity so I make perhaps the easiest and most convenient recipes I can find. I like to use chicken in my chili, you could also use ground beef or even ground turkey! So let me share the recipe from the chili tonight!

Easy Chicken Chili:
-1lb of cooked shredded chicken
-1 can of pinto beans
-1 can of black beans
-1 can of tomatoes- I used the chili seasoned ones
-1 can of tomato puree
-1 package of chili seasoning (any brand is fine)

Pour all ingredients into a large pot. I like to place the burner at about a medium heat- too hot and it burns. Cook until warm and bubbly and stir occasionally. You can use whatever toppings you prefer- in my house we take corn chips, pour the chili on top and I like to use ranch and cheese. Some people add peppers, onions, sour cream- whatever you want really!


Dinner was easy and yummy tonight! 

xoxo,
N

No comments:

Post a Comment